miércoles, 14 de julio de 2010

Sweet home... Negombo!


July 12th, back home in Demanhandiya.
Wow wow wow, yesterday was a FANTASTIC day! I started the day having a coffee at the terrace of the Hotel. I stayed there for about 4o minutes just enjoying the views and the lovely sunny weather. I went back to our lovely room nº4 and Taiwan Princess was already up. We decided to go back to all the places we liked the day before, so at 9 o’clock we were walking around Kandy again. We started going to small Buddhist shops behind our hotel, and I got the feeling the guys (monks) from the shop didn’t like it so much that we were buying by them… at least they won some money, right? We continued walking to the Gem shop that some Sri Lankan guy recommended to us but it was still closed. We walked around the lake and went to the Art and Culture association Shop… it was fantastic! We bought lots of souvenirs for you guys ;) and it wasn’t expensive at all. We stayed there looking people pass and taking some pictures, and then we decided to go to the supermarket to buy some food for the trip back home. I only bought water and fruit and Taiwan Princess some chocolate. We really looked like we lived in Kandy for years, knowing all the places and not being afraid of nothing and no one. The Gem Shop was now open and we went inside. I think the two hours (yes, 2 hours there inside) there were one of the best hours in the weekend. Taiwan princess started looking gems for her mother, who has her own jewelry shop in Taiwan and some stones for herself. I, on the other hand, was obsessed with a beautiful silver ring with a small blue topaz stone on it. I thought about it since the day before, it was so beautiful. It wasn’t expensive at all, 60€, I mean… considering the prices of semi-precious stones in Spain, it was peanuts! The owner’s assistant tried to sell me other gems, like red sapphire, aquamarine and others, but I just wanted to talk to the owner. All over the place he had boards explaining the energy of stones and how it can “heal” diseases. As you all know, I don’t really believe in it at first impression, but… if I believe in acupuncture, why shouldn’t I believe in energy of stones? I asked him if could explain me about it, and he did. Its basically this:
Every living being has an aura. We have 7 different auras (or Chakras) distributed around our body. If something is wrong with us, depending on the place where it is, it will interfere one aura on another. They say a human being is healthy when all the 7 Chakras are OK. Then, every Chakra has a source of energy, and in this case, they use gem energy to get the Chakra’s energy balanced. Depending of the molecular structure of the stone, it will give the right energy for one Chakra. That is the simple explanation of this, but the funny (and for me the most interesting of all) comes now. He asked me in I had any disease, and I told him about my thyroids. He immediately said “Ah, the 5th Chakra, the center”. I just looked at him and he got a book for me to read. I read it and I was amazed, because it said I had to have a blue topaz to balance everything. I said to him “look, I think that’s why I wanted to much that ring and nothing else…” but I said it as a joke. And then he said “of course you like the blue, because your body is asking you to get that because of it’s energy. Why do you think we sometimes like (or not) people/things without knowing them? Because of the energy they transmit to us…” I bought the ring and another semi-precious stone for Oma (with the whole explanation attached to it) and then the owner came to me and said: “I love you were interested in the stones and their energy, I hate when people come in and buy gems without asking anything about it” I knew he talked about Taiwan princess, who just bought lots of gems for her mom while talking on her phone… The owner gave me another gem as a present, a beautiful small Lapis Lasuli and said that this will also help me with my thyroids. He gave me his private email and asked me to email him if thing where going better. Yes, he was a really nice guy; I enjoyed all the stories, pictures, explanations a lot! We went back to the hotel, paid the room and went to the bus station, and… shit, the bus was full. Our lovely ride back was the craziest bus trip I’ve ever had. Taiwan princess sat on a metal balk and I stood up all the journey next to the entrance door. We were about 60 Sri Lankans and two tourists (us) in the bus, so you can imagine how all the attention was focused on us… but eventually they fell asleep our looked somewhere else. For me the 3+ hours passed so fast, I can’t believe it. A young man (about 25 years old) also traveled with us in the same bus I I couldn’t stop looking at him. He was tall, well build, shor dark hair, brown eyes and dressed with trousers and a shirt (he was Sri Lankan though, but I think a mix…) Don’t ask me why (really, don’t ask yourself either) but he reminded me of Leon. I now Leon was blond with green eyes and white, very white… but he looked like him. Maybe it was the way of walking, looking or… I DON’T NOW, but he looked like a Sri Lankan Leon. He did know English, because when Taiwan Princess and I talked he looked like he understood. I just kept on looking and I managed to get a picture (I’ll try to attach it to this article). But now comes the good one: he ot of the bus two stops before us, and when he passed next to me, he put a small paper in my hand. I couldn’t believe what happened. The paper fell on the floor almost outside the bus, and he looked at it and then at me like “grab the bloody paper”. I asked the bus man to wait and I took it back. He left and we continued our journey. And what was on the paper? Guess… // We arrived to Negombo town and TP went to her dad’s hotel and I got back home. French guy hadn’t arrived jet so I waited for him. We all cleaned ourselves and dressed nice (for the first time in 12 days!!) Tuctuc to the hotel and dinner. I wasn’t hungry at all, and intelligent Tara (without eating) had to big glasses of white vine… Lovely. We where there (in case you don’t know why two volunteers where in an Hotel) because Taiwan princess’s dad leaves tomorrow and wanted us to have dinner with him… obviously we accepted! We talked and talked till TP was going to bed (YES, SHE STAYED SLEEPING AT THE HOTEL!!!!!!). FG and I set of to the only pub in town that looked to have good ambiance, “The Rodeo”. A very drunk man came outside and said to us it was the best place in town (of course, it was almost the only one) and that we HAD to stay there. And we did. Weird guy though, 45 years, English, living in India making movies… I really don’t want to know which kind of movies. He was in Sri Lanka because of the “Visa Run”, nice man… (sarcasm). Suddenly a (what I thought) Sri Lankan girl asked “who is dutch there?” and I stood up. We started talking and she was really nice. 22 year old Aisha from Belgium. She was adopted when she was 4 and never came back to Sri Lanka. She was here because she just got divorced from her husband (who let her for her best friend… that must suck) and because she would like to meet her biological parents. She presented her just made friend to us and we all sat together. When her “friends” knew I wasn’t French Guy’s girlfriend thing changed. I had fun at the beginning, but after a while a wanted to kill them all and go. They weren’t mean or anything, but I think that if someone says NO to you, you should let it go… or not?. We also met a supposed to be very rich guy (I think… Sri Lankan Mafia maybe?) and a guy who gives money to the orphanage where we work. As you all know, the football matched SUCKED. It was very boring, and I think none of them should have won… they were equal, Spain only one because (Iniesta, was it?) was lucky after 2 hours of NOTHING. Na… didn’t like the match at all. Got back home in tuctuc (the driver was an ass, he said 400 rupees and he charged us 500, knowing that the real price is 350 rupees, I got pretty mad) talked a little bit more with FG and then to bed, I was dead!!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario