domingo, 11 de julio de 2010

Oh this is going better

July 8th, Negombo-Demanhandiya.
It was a fantastic day today! I woke up very early, at about 6 o’clock. I had breakfast with Malika and I went to school with my bicycle. I’m so happy I didn’t die today, traffic was chaos here! I got to school and like every day, all they long, the kids were screaming “What’s you name, what’s you name!?!?!?”. I thought I was going mad. I decided to go back to the orphanage at 12 o’clock and I did. People here look at me a lot when I pass by with my bicycle and a big smile on my face. I waited for Malika, FG and Taiwan Princess. We had lunch together and then we set off to Negombo town and beach. Its weird how we get used to things so quickly. The first two days here I hated the city and I thought I just arrived to the worst place in Sri Lanka. But now, going to Negombo town is like going to the normal civilized world. If you guys would see me here you would think I’ve had a brainwash (and maybe it’s true) but now I feel familiar with the people, I talk with everyone and I know how to move here perfectly. And you know what? For the first time in a week I really like (and enjoy) this place. Wow. I think mom and dad know this because I haven’t called them in two days now (SORRY, I’ll call you tomorrow!!!). Once we were in Negombo we waited for bus 905 to come and it came inmediatly. But, one Sri Lankan asked me to please don’t pick that bus because it was a bus of the Republic (the one that aren’t supposed to be safe and were a lot of bombs have exploded), so we decided to wait to the next one. 15 minutes latter we were in our bus on the way to the beach, a beach that at the beginning I detested and now I love. We walked around the beach and Princess and FG went into the water. I didn’t get in because there was a man I didn’t trust, so I preferred to stay with our bags. A boy of about 12 years old came to me and said that I had to be careful, so I asked him “Why?” and he answered: “That man robes people on the beach”… Good skin feeling Tara Siches!!. We stayed there a while and then we continued walking, it was only 4.30pm. we arrived to the Hotel-Resort where Princess’s dad stays and decided to get in and swim in the pool. And it worked! We came in and luckily her dad was there so they let us swim in the pool for free. None of you can imagine how I enjoyed it. I know I live in Mallorca, a place where there are 1001 pools, the best hotels and the nicest beaches, but when you live there you don’t appreciate it. Now I’m here, and I enjoy everything 200%. I think I’m learning to appreciate everything in life. After Leon’s death and now this trip I’m starting to figure out that some thing in life just aren’t THAT important. We give too much importance to those things (I’m the first one in the list who does it) but I hope I’ll change. It’s as easy as this: why all those problems don’t affect me now, here in Sri Lanka? If they don’t affect me here, why should they affect me at home? Sorry about this psychology break, now I’ll continue with today’s day. We got out of the pool and Princess’s dad invited us for dinner. I wanted to say no, because now I’m here in Sri Lanka volunteering, so I can’t just go out for dinner. But then FG said yes, dad really wanted us to stay and… actually… I also wanted to stay and eat non-Sri Lankan food (it’s good, but after a week I wanted something different). We ordered a burger, a pizza and for dessert ice-cream. It was only 6 o’clock then, but we were hungry as hell. We stayed there till 8 and then we returned home. Now I’m in my room writing this but I’m thinking of tomorrow. We’ll go to the orphanage and at 2 we’ll pick the bus o Kandy. I’ve already booked the rooms and the three of us are looking forward to go, specially after being 1 entire week in Negombo-Demanhandiya. We’ll meet some other volunteers there and we’ll visit everything and have fun!. PS: HOLLAND – SPAIN IN WORLD CUP FINAL! I CAN’T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love you all lots, and remember: dream, explore, discover.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario