jueves, 22 de julio de 2010

Sorry about the delay... internet=sucks!

July 18th, Demanhandiya.
You can’t even imagine how these last two days have been… AMAZING. I’ll explain what we did Friday 15th. We all woke up at 8 o’clock because we had to pick the bus to Colombo. After waiting more than 30 minutes at the door because all the buses that passed by didn’t want to pick us up (why? No fuc*** idea!) we paid a driver to let us at the bus station in Negombo. As always I had to pick the funny place to sit, all the others were sitting on proper seats while I was on the floor at the back. Lovely, though, if you like a very bumpy ride that lets your ass totally blue… hahaha. Finaly we got to the bus station and we entered our bus, an A/C bus!!!!! I sat down with Taiwan Princess while the French sat down a little bit further, god bless you. The French troup started complaining again about everything and I just sat there with Princess’s IPod plugged in my ear. Suddenly French guy turned around and said to me: “Tara, call Gishan.” Em… what? As if he can just treat me as his servant. I was really getting cross now, but just send Gishan a sms telling the French wanted him to pick them up at the bus station. FG got pissed because I didn’t call him but that’s his problem. After 20 minutes he turned around again and said I had to call him NOW (yes, in that tone) to tell him we where almost arriving to the bus station. I looked at him and said it was still to far away and that Gishan knew he had to pick them up there, that he didn’t have to worry. The stupid little bastard killed me with his eyes and then said something in French I didn’t get (I’m sure it wasn’t something really nice though…). We arrived and then the big problem started. Where are we exactly and where is Gishan? I had to call him and after 8 minutes of shouting and trying to explain where we were he hung up. I really couldn’t care less, I knew where I wanted to go with Princess (Barefoot) and if the stupid stubborn French didn’t want to pick a bloody tuctuc to the office for his Visa it definitely wasn’t my problem. What did we do? Guess. Bye bye, see you later alligator. Princess and I left with a tuctuc to Barefoot and let the two French behind… this may seem cruel, but after all I had to swallow from that asshole and then he treats me like shit, he deserved it, a lot. When we got to barefoot I thought I just arrived in heaven. How beautiful that was! From the outside its another dirty small building but when you passed the small wooden doors, I assure you you enter in a small oasis in crazy Colombo. It looked a little bit like ZARA Home, but not so expensive and it had a more Asian style of crafts. They sell from cushions, textile, clothes, and toys to books, agendas, paintings and even statues, ornaments and more items I can’t remember. It was divided in small rooms full of stuff in bright vivid colors. Then, if you wanted to go to the bathroom, you had to go outside to the inside garden… I stood there flabbergasted. How BEAUTIFUL. The inside garden had a small waterfall, verandas and even a small art gallery. You could stop at the bar/restaurant for a drink or a meal while enjoying the peace of the place. We were only 50 meters from the door that took you to the streets of Colombo, but it seemed like I was kilometers away from that place…I still enjoy it now only thinking about it. Princess couldn’t believe it either, we were both so happy, it was the first really nice place we had seen since… two weeks? I bought a couple of presents (not going to tell what, better let is as a surprise) and Princess too. We stayed there till the last last last moment and then we had to go to a shopping center to wait for Gishan. After a while we were in his car driving to Waduwwa. We both didn’t want to go, we wanted to stay sitting and drinking in Barefoot… but well, it was something nice we were going to do with the kids. A dance group from Switzerland was going to give us a workshop dancing and then a performance. Why a group of Swiss dancers wanted to come to Sri Lanka? Easy, one of the members was from Sri Lanka and wanted to help kids from where he came from. We arrived to the old sport center in Waduwwa and I wanted to run out of there as fast as I could. It was hot (very hot!) and I wasn’t in the mood of dancing. But that changed in only a matter of minutes. I saw Rosie and Veronika and also Andrea and Abdulah. I met some new volunteers and some of the staff of Projects Abroad. Then… the dancers arrived. I think all we “ladies” stared with an open mouth… how beautiful. Hahaha. Some didn’t want to dance, but Princess, other volunteers who were with us and me stood up and danced nonstop. It was sooooooooooooo funny. I hadn’t laughed so much in a long time! I still have muscle pain today, imagine how we danced! We had a break and then started again. This time Princess and I were in the front dancing with the kids, it was so nice. It was break-dance what we were learning now, and I fell really hard on the floor. All the kids laughed and I saw myself totally black of the dirt that was on the floor. I went outside and had a shower, yes… with clothes and all, and I felt fresh and shiny. Thanks god I bought a dress in Colombo! We finished and the kids went back to school/orphanage/home and we to the hotel. We were going to have dinner all together in some hotel near Waduwwa. I got changed and we waited for dinner, an all-in buffet… YES! We sat down with Natalie, an English girl I started talking with on facebook before coming to Sri Lanka. She is so nice! Very English, loud and cheerful… I like that. then came Yvone (Dutch!) and Eva (Denish). We talked all night long and had so much fun… it seemed a bit like girls night, and even how bad that may sound, it was bloody fantastic!! We were the last to leave back home, and at about 12 o’clock at night we arrived home, and prepared ourselves (Princess and I) for our next day… Anuradhapura at 5 am.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario