sábado, 12 de junio de 2010

Now I know where I'm going.



After 8 months of waiting, now I only have less than two weeks to go, and I can't wait!!! Yesterday they sent to me all the information about my placement, so I'll post it here so you can see where the hell Tara is going.

YOUR PROJECT:
Name of Institution: Prasanna Children's Home

OVERVIEW:
Prasanna Children's Home is an orphanage for 20 small boys. It is in the town of Negombo on the west coast of Sri Lanka, about one and a half hours west of Colombo. The care of the children is undertaken by the permanent staff, but volunteers here can play with the children, do some teaching and of course, conversational English is always in demand!

There is a big hall in front of the orphanage which is used for activities and is also used by a Montessori school in the mornings when the boys are away at school.

LOCATION:
Prasanna Children's Home is in Negombo, approximately 42km west of Colombo.

KEY FACTS:
No. of people cared for - 20 boys
Age Range in institution - varies
Age range cared for - 7-15
Av. Group Size - varies
Hours of work/day - 15.00-17.00
No. of staff - 3
Type of institution - Orphanage

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario