lunes, 28 de junio de 2010

A little bit of Holland.


June 28, Delft.
Well well, I can now say my trip has finaly begun. Yesterday evening the SYC ended and the Calvià troup came to sleep at home. Today began eating breakfast all together in the kitchen, but latter on I had to put the finishing touches into my bagpack. At 9.30 they were all gone after long goodbye speeches and we drove to the airport. As always, when the Siches family travels together, tense and ackward moments occur, but we always make the best of it.
We got into the tube at about 11.00, mom and dad together and I at the emergency exit. And then it came, my last look at Majorca. When we arrived to Schiphol (Amsterdam), all our lugagge came and we set off to the train. During our walk, as always, mom and I were looking at (what we thought to be) dutch boys, tall-blond-blue eyes... Suddenly, I just start saying positive things about them (thanks god!) and it turned out to be... they were spanish! Plash... that hit hard. What occured next will demostrate I just sometimes don't learn from my mistakes. Waiting for train 28 in platform 1-5, we saw to young students, one was tall, blond, had green eyes and was casual dressed and the other one was dark, with green eyes and also had a yachty look. Mom went bananas when we missed our train and went looking for someone to ask when would the next one come. I just started laughing with dad and soon we where talking about next year's SYC. I noticed the blond one (I've named him Tom) looked all the time at us, and they both laughed when we said things. When mom returned they asked us if we knew which train whent to Den Haag, and we told them they had to come with us. We sat together and started talking. Let's call them Tom and Jack.They came all the way from New Zeeland to sail in a competition in Den Haag, they were students and will stay in Europe for more or less two months. But that's when my not-learning thing came again: Jack was Argentinian! When he said that I just said: "yes, and I'm chineese". When he started talking argentinian spanish I just stood there with my mouth open. That's why they were laughing before, they understood almost everything!!! We exchanged cards with them, and I would actually like to see them again, maybe I'll go to Scheveningen to see them, it would be fun! We then left them becouse we changed train and we arrived to Delft, grabed a cab and came home. In this precise moment I'm sitting in the living room writing this and no one can even imagine how good I'm feeling. I'm free.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario