jueves, 4 de marzo de 2010

And it all starts, now.



Hello everyone,
My name is Tara Siches, I'm dutch and I live and study in Majorca - Spain. In summer time it's well known that we like to party, go to the beach, and party a bit more. I'm done with it. 
Last November due to some private issues, I had a breakdown and tried to solve it thinking of what would I really like to do, to make me happy. Conclusion? After many years of waiting, I decided to sign myself up for a volunteering program in Sri Lanka (Also known as the old Ceylon). I passed the tests, thanks to my head teacher Vicky J. I sent the referee and, after two months, I was accepted and they (Projects Abroad) were looking for my tickets. Yesterday, I received my tickets, so now everything is done, the only thing I have to do now: Wait.
I think its a good day to star this blog, and my purpose is to let the world see how a 17 year old girl is going to wait till that day comes that she will start looking at the world from a total different point of view, and, at the same time, show and explain to everyone my experience...
Ceylon, here I come!

7 comentarios:

  1. Yo soy el padre y se me cae la baba con la nena. . .

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Tara! I am waiting for a talented girl to explain to us Ceylon! You have all our support and love! Best wishes ~ Laiming

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Lots of good luck... I'm sure you´ll learn lots of interesting, exciting and challenging new things!
    My sister went there 3 years ago and she found the place wonderful. She has lovely pictures and I remember the ones she took on the hills with lots of terraces where they grow the typical Ceylon tea!
    Linis

    ResponderEliminar
  4. mientras a ti no te pase nada sabes que tienes mi apoyo en todo lo que vayas a hacer, que aunque suene raro estoy orgullosa de tener una amiga como tu, que se que no voy a volver a tener,y disfrutare cada momento que este con tigo. te quiere MP

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Te mereces todo lo bueno que te pase así que disfruta del viaje, de la experiencia y haznos disfrutar a los que nos quedamos aqui con tu blog y, sobre todo, con tus fotos, que estoy segura que van a ser fantásticas!!! Y para cuando regreses organízanos una exposición en el insti para que gocemos todos! Suerte. Te iremos leyendo todos!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Oh, gracias Vicky, una exposición... así enseñamos al instituto lo que de verdad está pasando el el mundo cada día...

    ResponderEliminar
  7. mucha suerte y que disfrutes muchisimo de la experiencia...

    ResponderEliminar